The French CAC has continued to move towards its all-time high since 2000
Europe’s main indices are closing higher. German Dax finished a new all-time high. The French CAC also closed the new 2021 peak and is working closer to 2000 than ever.
Preliminary closures indicate:
- German DAX, + 0.3%
- French CAC, + 0.5%
- UK FTSE 100, + 0.8%
- Spanish wild goat, + 0.9%
- Italian FTSE MIB, + 1.0%
In other markets where European traders want to exit:
- Spot gold trades at $ 20.20, or 1.17%, at $ 1,749.29.
- Spot silver has risen $ 0.16, or 0.69%, to $ 23.49
- WTI crude oil futures trade at $ 0.79, or -1.16%, at $ 67.66
- Bitcoin trades at $ 1,000 at $ 46,637
In the US stock market, Dow and S&P traded at an all-time high and remain close to record levels today. The NASDAQ index continues to slip as investors turn large capital technology out of the cycle.
- Dow, an increase of 164 points or 0.47% at 35429
- S&P rose 2,540 points, or 0.06%, at 4,440
- The NASDAQ index fell 68 points or -0.46%, at 14719
In Forex, NZD and AUD are the strongest, while USD and CAD are the weakest. The USD has risen lower today after a recent rise. Although CPI inflation came more or less than expected, the market expects the peak to be in place (time will tell). The decline in the dollar may also be due to a technical correction after some key targets have been met.