The Nasdaq fell for the second day in a row
Dow and S&P closed at record levels for the second day in a row. NASDAQ closed its second day of decline lower.
- The Dow closed a record 32 times this year
- S&P closed for the 46th time this year at a record level
- The Dow closed its peak for the day
The final numbers show:
- The Dow rose 220.23 points, or 0.62%, to 35,484.90. It was barely 35501.16 from the top.
- S&P rose 11.02 points, or 0.25%, at 4447.77. The peak of the day reached 4437.10
- The Nasdaq felt -22.95 points, or -0.16%, at 14765.13. The low percentage decrease amounted to -0.65%.
- Russell 2000 rose 10.98 points, or 0.49%, to 2,250.34 points
Looking at the sectors:
- Materials, rose 1.42%
- Industry, increase 1.3%
- Financial sector rose 1.17%
- Utilities, up 0.93%
The laggards today were:
- Health care, -0.97%
- Technology, + 0.02%
- Communication services, + 0.03%
- At discretion, + 0.13%