Dow Jones is an energy and finance driven guide
The Dow and S&P fell five days. NASDAQ was not lucky for the fourth day in a row. However, the late-night purchase raised the main indices higher. The NASDAQ closed well at low levels. S&P was negative in the last hours of trading, but erased the declines and closed the day higher.
- The biggest gain, or 2.95% gain, was in energy.
- Financial amount increased by 1.13%
- Real estate growth 0.49%
- Communication services increased by 0.41%
The sectors lost were:
- Health care, -0.61%
- Utilities -0.18%
- Materials -0.01%.
- The technology was almost unchanged at +0.03
The final numbers are shown:
- The Dow industry average rose 261.91 points, or 0.76%, to 34,869.64
- The S&P index rose 10.15 points or 0.23% at 4468.72
- The NASDAQ index fell -10.9 points or -0.07% at 15105.59
- Russell 2000 rose 22.40 points to 13.24 points or 0.59%